The Carmelo Award is an annual recognition, given by the Texas Restaurant Association Education Foundation (TRAEF), for outstanding achievement by an individual philanthropist who has demonstrated the highest ethical standards, commitment, dedication and talent towards the future of the restaurant and foodservice industry.
Prior Recipients of the Carmelo Award
2016 – Carmelo Mauro, Carmelo’s Ristorante Italiano
2016 – Margaret McKoin, The Time Group
2017 – Russel Ybarra
2018 – Russell Woodward, Texas Beef Council
- Must have a record of distinguished service to the TRAEF;
- Must have made a lasting contribution to the restaurant and foodservice industry and the mission of the TRAEF;
- Must have exhibited leadership and provided inspiration to others in the restaurant and foodservice industry;
- Must have positively influenced the restaurant and foodservice industry on a state, national or international level.
- The Carmelo Award will be presented to the recipient during the TRA Marketplace Night of Excellence event on the evening of Saturday, July 13 in Houston, Texas. Nominees should be cleared to attend the event prior to submitting their name for the award.
- All nominations should be submitted through the online form below and submitted no later than April 15, 2019.
For questions regarding the TRAEF Carmelo Award or the nomination process, contact Debbi Toh, TRAEF COO at email@example.com or Laura Weiss, Program Support and Development Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.